Monday, November 7, 2011

The Reinvention of the AudioBook

Pappy brought this up and inspired this post regarding yet another form of book!

I got interested in audiobooks a few years back when I was commuting to Pittsburgh while working on my MLS. I have never looked back. Audiobooks have come so very very far from where they used to be I feel that I can now enjoy the quality of an "olde timey radio" show in the comfort of my daily commute. I don't even have to worry about switching twelve cds or tapes because I just put the mp3s on my ipod. AMAZING!! I look forward to hopping in the car and hearing what's going to happen next. It has made for some of the most thrilling car rides of my life. (for serious!)

My favorites so far in terms of story and recording quality:

The Help: Kathryn Stockett
The Graveyard Book: Neil Gaiman
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

If it's been a while since you've done the whole audiobook thing, I encourage you to give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment